Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Irony abounds!

Six years ago I saw my first pull tab on a can of soup, and was driven to rant, my sputtering rage at the indolence and laziness of the world forever preserved on Die Interweb.

Since then, pull tabs have become ubiquitous, lulling me into a false sense of security when I should have feared my impending comeuppance.

A few days ago I purchased some delicious looking cans of Walnut Acres organic soup and the giant organa-mall Wild Oats. My larder at the library is well stocked with cans of Chunky, Progresso, etc., all with the pull tabs I started taking for granted years ago. So today at lunch I was eagerly awaiting my black bean and corn soup when I found I couldn't get the can open. No pull tabs! No can opener! The universe gets its revenge - six years in the making! Damn you! *shakes angry fist*

No comments:

Post a Comment