Friday, July 7, 2006

Not funny enough for McSweeney's? You decide!

A week ago I had a burst of hubris and inspiration and fired off a submission to McSweeney's for their lists section. For a little while, I entertained dreams of drinking overpriced coffee concoctions with the likes of Dave Eggers and John Hodgman, trading witty bon mots and mocking Dave's love of Journey. Alas, my induction to the comedy literati will have to wait, as my submission has been rejected. But their loss, dear reader (and note the lack of the plural, as I know there's only one of you), is your gain! Free comedy gold, exclusively for you!


Rejected Dungeons and Dragons character classes


Hobo
Toreador
Key grip
Lexicographer
Sex offender
Graduate student
Editorial cartoonist
Morris dancer
This American Life correspondent

No comments:

Post a Comment